Sunday, March 6, 2011

Joke/Quote of The Week #2

 Well... we didn't get out this weekend due to unfavorable conditions. 10c (50F) is easy enough to endure on the ice but the 8" to 10" of water on the ice is not nice. Needless to say I have nothing to post this weekend, so it's time for another installment of  Joke/Quote of The Week.
--------------------------------------------------
Fishing seems to be the favorite form of loafing.

I do fish. I think there is a connection between thinking and fishing mostly because you spend a lot of time up to your waist in water without a whole lot to keep your mind busy.

I only make movies to finance my fishing'.
-------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Catching a big fish is like peeing yourself. Sure everybody can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth
----------------------------------------------------

  An eldely fisherman had spent another frustrating day out on the frozen lake and to make matters worse, the young hotshot right beside him was slamming fish all day. As he's packing up, the oldtimer says to the kid "I didn't get a single bite all day! What's your secret?"

The kid looks up from his hole and mumbles "Myoo mobba meep more mate morm"

The oldtimer does a doubletake and says "I didn't quite get that. What did you say?"

Again the kid mumbles "Myoo mobba meep more mate morn"

By now the oldtimer's getting angry, thinking the kid's mocking him, so he says "I'm only going to ask you one more time and if you don't answer me I"m gonna stuff you down that hole!"

The kid looks really scared, spits out a handful of maggots, and shouts

"You gotta keep your bait warm!" 

6 comments:

  1. Myoo mobba meep more mate morm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that about says it all,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John. Nothing like some jokes to get your Monday started.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the jokes John. Especially the one about catching the big fish and peeing oneself. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your unique blog today, love it, have signed up to follow.

    I'm at;www.smallstreambrowntroutfishing.blogspot.com

    Have a look and if you like it follow John.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Blog John Hope to become your neighbor in a couple of years .I was in Ontario a couple of years ago Kenora area and fell in love with it, the people were great and the lakes and woods were wonderful

    ReplyDelete